PortalHomeTRC-2012FAQRegisterLog in

Share | 

Rules and Drivers

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
MatrimC

PostSubject: Rules and Drivers   Mon 14 May - 13:26

Just something that caught my eye earlier today. Something that I feel is strange... These two lines are straight from the rules:

Quote :
Every team is welcome to participate on our competition. Please note that the TRC Organization decided NOT TO ALLOW associations/mixes of teams or players.
and
Quote :
However, any team is allowed to have the maximum of 2 (two) invited players of a different team to join them, no more than that will be tolerated.

You do realize that when matches are in 1v1, 2v2 and 4v4 format, two players covers half the line up? Isn't this straight up mixed team (which obviously can be exploited) just for this cup?

I can tell that our team definately agrees with you on the fact that mixed teams and team hopping hurts the community and I personally feel it strange that you would include a loophole like this in the rules. Specially when you state otherwise earlier in the rules.
Back to top Go down
Hurricane

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Drivers   Mon 14 May - 15:34

Yes, we realize it MatrimC.

In the beginning, when we were making the rules text, the original idea was to deny all "guests". ATR Admins discussed about this a lot and we considered many different situations. One of them is that we thought we'd get lower registered teams because some of them constantly invite a couple of guest players or friends to play together. We didn't want to "block" that as we feel the community in a general way isn't prepared for such attitude. There are even teams that only exist and play competitions because they can mix lineups or invite some guest players.

So I came up with the idea of 1 "guest" player for lu and others wanted 3, that's how we came up with the final idea.

What you said isn't totally correct. A matchday has 1 1v1 race, 1 2v2 race and 2 4v4 races. The player who races 1v1 cannot race the 2v2, so it's imposible to have only "guest" players for both the 1v1 and 2v2. In this case, "guest" players have a lower impact on the final score.
Back to top Go down
MatrimC

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Drivers   Tue 15 May - 9:49

Hurricane wrote:
What you said isn't totally correct. A matchday has 1 1v1 race, 1 2v2 race and 2 4v4 races. The player who races 1v1 cannot race the 2v2, so it's imposible to have only "guest" players for both the 1v1 and 2v2. In this case, "guest" players have a lower impact on the final score.
I don't really understand what you're trying to get across... Whether a driver is longtime member of a team or as a guest for this cup, he has the same effect into the line ups. A guest driver could drive 1v1 and both 4v4, so that's three fourths of the whole match.

With two guest drivers they would fill more than half of the line up actually... That's why you were right that my previous statement wasn't completely correct. Two guest drivers are allowed to drive by following way:

1v1: GuestOne

2v2: GuestTwo + TeamMember

4v4: GuestOne + GuestTwo + 2xTeamMember

My math gives 62,5% portion for 2 guest drivers, so yea, my 50% statement earlier was little off...
Back to top Go down
mvilks

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Drivers   Tue 15 May - 10:28

Very Happy Laughing
Back to top Go down
LoopingMurdock

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Drivers   Tue 15 May - 11:29

you're all right Very Happy
The simpliest is to forbid guests, but as Alex said, it would probably have penalised many teams and the competition itself.
Accepting guests makes things more difficult for sure, but i think too strict rules would limit that interest.

About your math, i agree in some situations that could make us regret trying to make original rules like this... Very Happy
But i also believe that teams will understand the purpose of these rules,
and we must also considere that teams' lineups are extended to play in despite of unavailabilities.
As you need at least about 8 players to play a comptition like that, it's also logical to accept more than 1 guest.

Last edited by LoopingMurdock on Tue 15 May - 16:01; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
MatrimC

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Drivers   Tue 15 May - 14:13

I know very well that my math is only theoretical, but it's just to show how big of an impact 2 drivers can make for a team on a single matchdate. Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Hurricane

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Drivers   Tue 15 May - 15:51

Yes MatrimC, we realize all of that, it's not something we made and "forgot" about that. It's just that we needed to balance things. The intention was to give some limit, after all 63% is lower than 100%, which is what we are trying to block.

It's a first step, a message. Maybe in the competitions to come we make only 1 spot, then in he future none? I think it's a reasonable thing to do instead of blocking guest players right away.

In any case, thx for bringing up this kind of discussion Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Rules and Drivers   

Back to top Go down

Rules and Drivers
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1